THE RUMPH Message Board
March 28, 2024, 05:42:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: RUMPH fans have a new message board!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Can anyone make this out?  (Read 10543 times)
THE RUMPH Webmaster
Administrator

View Profile
« on: February 09, 2008, 12:49:28 AM »

I'm trying to figure out what the word is between "The" and "Demon" on this sticker.  Any ideas?  I'm pretty sure it's NOT "Rumph's".

steveh

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2008, 05:29:54 AM »

My take is that is says "WIZARD'S"

I read it as 7 letters, based on comparing it to DEMON below.

The last two letters seem to be D'S, and the third to last letter isn't a P, which seems to eliminate RUMPH'S from possibility.  Not that I can positively make out the apostrophe.

The first letter appears to be an "R" but I didn't find a combination beginning with R and ending in D'S that made any sense.

The second letter looks like a U, but what if we are seeing an I along with the right upright in W.  The left upright of the W might be curling inward as if caligraphed, giving the illusion of being a closed-top letter.  The third letter from the end looks like an E to me, but what if it's actually an R.  Weakest part of my argument, in my opinion.  Then again, it looks like "RUSUED'S" to me.  Somehow, that doesn't seem likely.

The mess in the middle could be anything, but I think it's two letters, so I'm picking ZA. 

THE WIZARD'S DEMON DRINKING HORN makes sense, and fits the approximate letter count, and sounds like something Rumph would do.

Major element of wild-ass guess, but there you go.

« Last Edit: February 09, 2008, 06:41:25 PM by steveh » Logged
gargoylpete

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2008, 04:34:51 PM »

Can you ask the guy you got the picture from? I remember seeing this up for bid but not what they mentioned the sticker read.
THE RUMPH Webmaster
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2008, 12:39:39 AM »

No, I got the picture from the eBay lot.  I remember asking the seller at the time, and they did not reply.  Also, hanga-girl won the item, but eBay won't let me contact her because I don't have a transaction with her.
Greenbuck97

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2008, 09:37:27 PM »

No, I got the picture from the eBay lot.  I remember asking the seller at the time, and they did not reply.  Also, hanga-girl won the item, but eBay won't let me contact her because I don't have a transaction with her.

Don't ya just love eBay's new "safety & security" regs. I know I sleep sooooooo much better at night knowing I'm cut off from the rest of eBay unless I happen to have had a transaction with them. grrrrrrr. From the for what it's worth department, steveh's educated guess sounds good to me. I was in doubt about the "wizard" part on looks alone, but his argument makes sense.
samshousevip
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2019, 05:03:49 AM »

I believe I see it saying the RUMPHS if you look close enough
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: