THE RUMPH Message Board
March 28, 2024, 10:03:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: RUMPH fans have a new message board!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The estate of artist Jim Rumph -ebay-  (Read 3933 times)
odin

View Profile
« on: May 15, 2016, 07:42:21 PM »

Some interesting Rumph stuff on ebay this week. Lots of early stuff and some unigue items too. That paint brush mug is a sweet piece. Aside from it being Jims personal item, is a unique piece? I cant find another hunchback mug on the website. Maybe I overlooked something?

That family crest. From Jim to his dad as a Christmas present. How cool is that?

Bidding on some of these items is going nuts!

So, I wonder, what prompts the sale to happen now?

I wonder how much more will be listed from the estate in the days/weeks to come?

Is this all of it? Or is there a warehouse full of stuff waiting for a slow release to the public?
odin

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2016, 06:50:12 AM »

Wow...what a crazy evening!!  Shocked  Ive been observing the ebay auctions for the Rumph estate items as I waited for the item I wanted to bid on.

What a wonderful opportunity for people to add some unique and hard to find pieces to a collection.

Looking at the bid history I saw a recurring trend of similar (hidden name) bidders appear on a number of auctions.

Bidder " a**a " won a number of unique items with a classic 'last second' high bid.

Admittedly, I was a little bit worried about the item I was interested to get, as tonights last second bidding frenzy went to people with some deeper pockets than I typically enjoy.

None the less, I did prevail and am thrilled to have won the Scrooge tankard.

This is my 2nd Scrooge mug by Rumph. Interesting, as my other Scrooge mug does not have the same coloration as this mug, and this mug cost less $$. Also of interest, is that tonights mug does not have the Rumph signature incised in clay as my other Scrooge mug does. But, this mug 'does' come with some sort of Rumph estate certificate... and a photo will appear in a soon to be published book, or so I was in formed.  If nothing else...kind of a fun piece of provenance.  Wink

No doubt a large part of the appeal for me is due to the hand made 'one of a kind' look and individual differences which makes these items desirable.

So, theres one other item I'm interested to have. If it doesn't get bid to outer space maybe ill add that one too, but if I don't, I'm still happy.

Wheeee!!!! Tongue
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: