THE RUMPH Message Board
March 29, 2024, 01:21:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: RUMPH fans have a new message board!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Favorite Piece  (Read 17004 times)
THE RUMPH Webmaster
Administrator

View Profile
« on: February 09, 2008, 01:17:43 AM »

What is your favorite Rumph piece in your collection right now?  Does it ever change?
gargoylpete

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2008, 06:50:28 PM »

My favorite piece has to be the first Rumph piece i ever got. The stone throwing ogre stein Smiley
THE RUMPH Webmaster
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2008, 11:01:22 PM »

Mine is probably the Beastly Bar because of the size, uniqueness, and detail.  Although whenever I get a new rare one, that is my favorite for awhile.  I recently got a Zunill, so she's got my eye now.
Geezer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2008, 12:46:46 AM »

My favorite piece is my first bong added to the collection. She is the nude young lady sitting with a skull between her legs with the bowl coming up from the skull. Any new piece to the collection that isn't the ones seen all of the tiimes are favorites.  Wink Geezer
Jesticle

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2009, 01:17:39 AM »

My favorite piece is Pete the Dragon.  My father gave him to me when I moved away for school.  I always remember it sitting on his dresser when I was growing up.  He passed away 2 years ago from lung cancer and it's one of the things that remind me of him the most.   
mcdaley11

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2009, 04:51:45 PM »

One of my favorite pieces is one that got away.
Jim had given me, to my shock, (one night while lubed up) a Zunill Sphinx he had laying around with a firing crack.
I loved his Zunill works. Even at the time, the Sphinx was one of his most expensive pieces and took a lot of work to create on his part. (I did feel a little guilty.)
Later, Jim asked if he might have it back as he had a paying customer for it, and said he’d make me a new one. (As an artist you’d sell whatever you could; I understood this and had no problem releasing it.) I also knew I’d never get the replacement. Easy come easy go. 
bartster13

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2010, 01:19:53 AM »

Mine is probably the Beastly Bar because of the size, uniqueness, and detail.  Although whenever I get a new rare one, that is my favorite for awhile.  I recently got a Zunill, so she's got my eye now.

I have a beastly bar (I think) it is about 31/2 feet tall, has 2 shelves, an ogre at the upper center surrounded by a wizard and a princess, says RUMPH in the center. My mom and dad had it in their gift shop in San Simeon ca. in 1982. price on it at that time was over $250.00. I am trying to find out what it is worth now. Any info you can give me will be greatly appreciated.
gumball

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2017, 10:23:53 AM »

Recently I acquired two pieces and I'm not sure which I love more.

One is an Isaac Asimov tankard without handle. The man never looked better. Rare as all get out.

The other is a likely one off piece. It is a bust copied from the lifemask of the artist William Blake. I've supplied the site here with photos, or you can see it on my site, www.rumphcollector.com
samshousevip
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2019, 06:59:18 PM »

Not that it's my 1st Rumph piece bought but because of the rarity the Fiddler is my favorite piece.  Once I get a Beastly Bookshelf then that will take over as my favorite just because of the size of it. There's a few that come close but IMO 1973 The Sphinx would be my Ultimate favorite w/ nothing surpassing it.
odin

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2019, 07:33:08 PM »

My favorite piece is the Scrooge tankard. Ive got 2 of them. Both from ebay. One was sold by the 'rumph estate'. How long ago was that?...2015 or 2016?  I have not seen a scrooge mug on ebay since then. This site rates the scrooge mug a '4 star' on the rarity spectrum: 'probably fewer than 25 remain'. One is signed by rumph on the side. The other is not signed.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: