THE RUMPH Message Board
March 19, 2024, 12:18:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: RUMPH fans have a new message board!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 1973 Bird on Stump Tankard/Mug  (Read 4097 times)
fsuredneck

View Profile
« on: February 14, 2017, 01:33:37 AM »

Looking to find a good home for a Rumph mug given to me by my father.  Seems to be in good shape, but I am definitely not a official condition rater.  No sure what it's worth but I figure this is the best place to find someone who will value it.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 01:36:25 AM by fsuredneck » Logged
odin

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2017, 07:58:55 PM »

I suspect you wont get much  of a reply on this board, as this is a very common piece and most of these collectors already have both varieties.  If you want to get an idea of what its worth, then youre best off looking at the completed auctions section on ebay.

Even the more scarce items wont receive much attention here. Im not sure why.

I just looked at the active listings. There are 10 of these currently for sale.

The completed listings show a couple of these had bids and went for about 21$. A damaged one sold for 13$. Most of the rest are 'buy it now' for 35-70$ and of course...unsold.

The bugger about these common items...is the shipping. A 20$ mug costs you 35$ by the time its said and done.

I dont have one of these, but then again im not an addicted collector, :-D  and i really dont want to pay 80% of the mugs value again in shipping for such a common item.

I think if i were you, id list the mug on your local craigslist. Ask 25$ and see if you get any bites.... or...ill pay 18$ if you can find a way to ship it to me at no cost. -grinz-

Good luck.
fsuredneck

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2017, 03:14:45 PM »

Thanks for the heads up odin.  I looked on ebay and in the end, shipping will make the transaction a nightmare in order to guarantee the mug ships safely.  It's been on craigslist, but pieces like this are quite odd and a little too unique I think for anybody that really cares.  It would be quite the coincidence if you lived near Orlando though...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: